IDF USA, ORG is a Non-Profit Organization in the United States and head Quartered in Chicago with the sole objective of supporting in the areas of Health, Education & Development programs both inUnited Statesand in India. The idea of starting a chapter was conceived in the year 2010 during the launch of book "Hope On The Horizon" an autobiography about our founder Dr. A.R.K.Pillai, and commissioned by friends and well-wishers of IDF India by spirited public service citizens under the most ardent and vibrant Social worker Cecil Joseph in 2012, who has been the oldest member of IDF India since its inception as Indian Leprosy Foundation in 1984.
IDF USA, ORG is a nonprofit tax exempt charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and donations are eligible for Tax Deductions, as allowed by law.
The key objective of IDF USA,ORG is to work closely with IDF India to establish and strengthen support for IDF activities in the areas of Health, Education and Development which are provided free of charge.
· To support IDF in reaching out millions of poor and needy people in India and also provide positive information on IDF's initiative to carve out an India of our dreams.
· IDF current 175 Bal Gurukuls (Education Centre's in India) which educate about 8,500 poor children up to V standard, and help in expansion of more Bal Gurukuls.
· To provide basic utilities viz., potable water, sanitation, power supply and science labs in slums schools/ rural schools where IDF has its Bal Gurukuls.
· To enlist support for IDF Centre of Excellence in Bangalore as the first step, to be followed by more centers in India.
· To support and improve the quality of more than 100 Leprosy-TB Projects IDF is associated with and ensure IDF Volunteers carry on health education on a continuous schedule.
· To support IDF 10 major Women's Empower Units across India to educate and train poor women in tailoring and allied work areas to make them self-reliant.
Brief History about IDF (India)
Indian Development Foundation(IDF) is a leading National Registered NGO based in Mumbai and is spread over several states in India, with over 32 years of excellent public service to the poor and the needy. Started off as Indian Leprosy Foundation, it was rechristened as IDF on achieving elimination of leprosy in India by 2005. IDF is a Registered NGO in India with collaboration with Central and state governments.
Dr. A.R.K. Pillai is the Founder & President of Indian Development Foundation in India with more than 5000 Social workers as Social Ambassadors and nearly 1 Million supporters across India. Dr. Narayan Iyer (CEO) with the assistance of Dr. S Franklin(CE) are recognized leading Social Scientists in India who manage the day to day activities along with their staff located in different parts of the country, there are nearly 50 enthusiastic Social workers of proven merit to help the operations all over India.
IDF is a leading National NGO committed to Health Care, Education& Development for the poor and registered as Society and Trust as per Indian laws. It is secular in outlook, non-discriminatory in reaching to the needy
IDF has 30 years of excellent track record of humanitarian services to the nation, its approach to transparency & accountability are the hallmark of the Foundation.
IDF has Govt. recognitions; donors have tax benefit in India under 80-G and Registration under FCRA to receive foreign funds.
IDF works in close collaboration with WHO, Govt. of India, State Governments.
IDF Partners with WHO's Stop TB Partnership and The Union's PTCCI in India.
IDF has an excellent track record in enlisting local community participation and support
IDF is built on sacrifice and sound principles of honesty, integrity and sharing.
IDF is an Organization with Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council since 2012
(ECOSOC) of the United Nations.Please check link, http://esango.un.org/civilsociety/simpleSearch.do?method=search&searchTypeRedef=simpleSearch&sessionCheck=false&searchType=simpleSearch&organizationNamee=INDIAN+DEVELOPMENT+FOUNDATION
IDF USA, ORG support local communities in collaboration with our foundation partners like
- Life Challenge International which helps society successfully ".",
- Parivar International supporting & counseling families having Broken relationships.
- Support our local communities by collecting and donating clothes and canned foods to charitable institutions like Catholic Charities & Salvation Army.
Brief history about:
Life Challenge International:
Life Challenge International is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose goal is to help society successfully "http://www.lifechallenge.com/." Addiction is one of the greatest enemies of the human race. Billions of dollars have been spent by world governments to fight the power of addiction. And while there has been progress on various fronts, addiction continues to run rampant in the world today.
PARIVAR Internationalregularly conducts a) Premarital Seminars, b) Marriage Enrichment Conference, c) Parenting Seminars and on various family related issues based on needs. We encourage families to take up the challenge of being a Lighthouse. PARIVAR's vision to empower families to help other families in their neighborhood and communities.http://www.parivarinternational.org/
Relief and recovery services are provided at the local level by Catholic Charities agencies across the country. These agencies provide critical services including emergency food, shelter, direct financial assistance, counseling, and support. These services are provided regardless of race, creed, or socio-economic status. http://catholiccharitiesusa.org/
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/